Hey Kids, are you ready to become an
entrepreneur? The Lake County Fair is excited to introduce the Biz Kidz Market!
Open to all (enrolled school aged) Lake County Youth ages 9-19…create a business plan,
design marketing materials, pitch your business idea and get ready to sell your
product at the 102nd Lake County Fair, April 6-15, 2023!
Here is how it works!
- Submit your business plan; along with the entry form and three photos of your product. You must use the Biz Kidz Business Plan and Entry Form which is provided below in order to be considered and selected. Fill this business plan out in its entirety and email it to email@example.com by Friday, February 17th.
- 10-15 Businesses will be selected from the submitted Business Plans to set up shop at the 2023 Lake County Fair and become a vendor at the Biz Kidz Market. If selected, and you accept the invitation to participate you will receive an invoice for $25 (think of this as rent or an entry fee…or even capital to start the business). What you are getting for that $25...includes…one (1) 8 x 10 space inside the main hall, advertising on Fair
social media outlets, and a special page on the website and in the guidebook
promoting your business.
Guidelines for Biz Kidz Market Vendors:
- Please note...we will be limiting "food" type businesses; no lemonade stands or food items which need to be prepared on-site will be accepted.
- HOURS OF OPERATION: Must be on site no later than 4:30 PM (weekdays) and 12:30 PM (weekends); be ready for business at 5:00 PM (weekdays) and 1:00 PM (weekends); closing time is 9:00 PM; however please note the building will remain open until 10:00 PM. We do have security in the building.
- You must have one adult (Over 21) with you at all times in your booth.
- You may not promote your business outside of your booth; all business must take place within your booth. Those who do not adhere to this rule will be asked to leave.
- One parking pass and two (2) vendor passes will be provided (one is for the YOUTH Entrepreneur and one for the adult/guardian with the youth). These passes will be good for the entire 10-day event; additional passes may be purchased through the Fair website.
- Make sure you have enough product to sell...we welcome over 60,000 guest each year at the Lake County Fair. So please be prepared!
BEST BUSINESS AWARDS!!!
Thats right...there are Awards!!!
We will award the top three business based on the following:
Business Plan (25%)
Marketing & Advertising Material within the booth (flyers, business cards, etc.) (15%)
Booth Design (consider this your Store Front at Fair) (20%)
Following Business and Fair Protocol during Fair (30%)
People's Choice (10%)
Lake Eustis Chamber of Commerce
Lady Lake Chamber of Commerce
Leesburg Chamber of Commerce
Mount Dora Chamber of Commerce
Tavares Chamber of Commerce